Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Still Intact

Well, tomorrow I am 38 weeks along, and still no Zoey! Needless to say, I made it to my baby shower just fine, and it was really nice. I have some amazing friends! I am overwhelmed by the generosity of so many people, and I am so grateful for the help. I know I would never have been able to afford half the things I got otherwise. Zoey is so spoiled already!

This Saturday I have a small family shower, and I'm sure it will also be fun. I am also sure I'll make it to that without any problem. After a two week break, my contractions are finally starting up again, but only just. I'm excited about the progress I'm making, even if it is small. I'm anxious to find out where the dilation is at on Thursday, but I don't expect it to be any more than a 2 or 3. (It was a 2 last week.) My dad said that maybe Zoey just needs a little extra time to finish developing, and I'm sure whatever it is, it's for the best. I do still get pretty impatient some days, but I am learning to be a little less of a control freak about it, and let nature take its course. (Wow, that sounded tree-huggerly!)

In the meantime, Gavin and I have been trying to make the most of the last weeks we have as a childless married couple. It's been fun (though a bit expensive!), and I'm sure we'll be glad we did it, once the baby comes and we have no time or energy left. :)

If nothing else, this waiting is causing me to appreciate what I will have; I don't think poopy diapers or incessant crying will bother me as much now. It's kind of like having to wait for Gavin while I was on my mission... I think the waiting made me appreciate him better in his entirety. I think it will be the same for Zoey. Some waiting develops a different kind of patience.

0 comments: