Time to repent.
My last blog post wasn't very pleasant, and I'm sorry for being so pessimistic and self-centered. The other day I had an epiphany, and I am humbled now as I write, and I want to share some of my thoughts.
As I was walloing in my self pity and irritating all my friends and family with my complaining, I had a simple, yet powerful insight that knocked me off my pedastal and made me realize just how blessed I am. I have a wonderful husband who loves me, and to whom I am sealed for eternity. We are expecting a perfect, healthy baby-- something of a miracle, if you know my story. We are close to our family; we have wonderful friends. We live in a comfortable home, in a beautiful valley, in a free nation.
People often tell you to cherish every moment you have with your loved ones. During happy times like weddings and baby births, it's easy to remember and take that advice. The trick is to cherish even the poopy moments in life, and embrace what you have, even if it's causing you pain at the moment.
I have everything. I was selfish to think I was entitled to any more. Life is what you make it, and the level of happiness you experience is entirely your choice. Lesson learned. Again.
Once upon a time...
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment