Well, yesterday was Mothers Day. Happy mothers day to all you great moms, and all that blah blah blah. But today I get to brag about my awesome husband, and how he celebrated mothers day. :)
To start off the day, he brought me breakfast in bed. It was french toast, but not just any old french toast. He pulled out my fancy cook book and found an actual recipe for it that was SO yummy. He made this huge stack and brought it to me in bed. Awesome? Of course. But then I was still tired and so we took a nap together, which happens to be one of my favorite passtimes.
After we were up and I was a bit more awake, Gavin shaved my legs for me. It was no easy task! He was terrified because I had a new razor blade and well, men don't know how to shave legs. Well, most men... we'll leave that there. Anyway, he did an awesome job, and even rubbed lotion in afterward! My legs haven't been this smooth since I've been able to see them without a mirror (months...)!
I went to get ready for church, and when I was halfway done, he popped into the bathroom with this plastic bag and said, "I thought I'd surprise you by giving you a present while you're still getting ready!" I was definitely surprised, as I thought he was already done, and I was not expecting that. It was a beautiful framed print of the Draper temple, where we were married. In the recent General Conference, the prophet counseled that we should put a picture of the temple in each of our children's bedrooms. I had mentioned that I wanted to do that, and he remembered!
At church, Gavin made sure I got one of the yummy truffles they were passing out, and he didn't laugh at me when I cried my eyes out at the primary musical number. (That always gets me, but it really hit me this time, carrying Zoey.) He carried my bag to my classroom for me and made sure I was comfortable before going to his own class.
Later in the day, we went to my grandma's house for dessert. He knows I love key lime pie and he snagged the very last slice, just for me!
Gavin is a sweet, thoughtful, and may I say-- romantic husband! What more could a woman want on a day like that? Boy did I luck out... but the very best part, is that almost all of this is normal behavior for him. He always treats me exceptionally well. I love my husband!
Once upon a time...
Monday, May 09, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment