Where is the time going? Already, I'm 35 weeks along and I can't believe time continues to fly by so quickly. Time for an update.
As the summer months pick up Gavin is increasingly busy at work. He is constantly gaining new skills and training in new dimensions of IT that will help his resume. We're so grateful: his boss, co-worker(s) and job security are all great. We've been saving as much as possible and are starting a retirement fund! We are hoping to have the house paid off in 20 years. Ah, but that would be awesome. So far we're on the right track. Gavin has lots of grand ideas about life without a mortgage, including working part-time at the grocery store and going to school for whatever we want. Sounds pretty awesome. Of course, by then our kids will be teenagers and I'm sure we'll have plenty of expenses to warrant a job slightly more lucrative than a Wal Mart greeter. :)
This pregnancy continues to go well. My health is good, and although I could be a bit more diligent about exercising, I'm content that I'm far healthier than I was last time around. I still do a little yoga here and there and try to go walking when it's not scorching hot outside. And then of course there's all that's involved with being a stay-at-home-mom and chasing my little one around the house. This last week I started up in false labor again, with contractions about every 3 minutes. It lasted a couple days and would fade out whenever I could get to sleep. Eventually I got the contractions to stop by taking a warm bath. But I'm not gonna lie-- I didn't try that hard to make them stop. Maybe I should have, but I'm seriously getting so huge that I wouldn't mind if this little guy made an early debut. Oh well; if nothing else, I may have made a little progress with dilation, and that's always encouraging.
The nursery is looking awesome, and I love sitting in it, imagining what it will be like to rock my tiny baby to sleep while Zoey plays on the floor or runs in and out of the room showing me things. I've started packing the hospital bag, just because, and my list of things to do is coming down to the nitty-gritty. Even still, I am having a hard time seeing how it's all going to get done in time! I don't want to get everything done early because then I'll just feel impatient, but really, I'd rather early than late! Not that I think that's what will happen... there's just so much to do!
Zoey is so wonderful. She's my happy little helper. (She'll be 2 next week!) She loves helping with the dishes and laundry, and is almost always so happy to pick things up for me that are on the floor. Heaven knows I can do without all that stooping down. Her imaginative play is so amazing to watch, as she pretends to mommy her baby dolls and toys. She loves singing, and continues to learn more about letter sounds, numbers and other preschool stuff. She's learning more sympathy and understanding and lets me rest when I need to. She is such an amazing example to me of so many Christlike attributes that I am constantly humbled by her. I am so grateful to be her mommy.
As for Calvin... he's big! At least I think so. You never really know till they come out, but I'm pretty sure if he's not significantly early he'll be much bigger than Zoey was when she was born. I'm getting a bit more of a feel for his personality now that he's so big there's almost more of him than me around my middle. He seems very shy, and doesn't like to intrude. He's very low- key and hates being cold. He gets really excited when I play with him and gives himself the hiccups. He's snuggley--at least, compared to Zoey-- and likes to stay curled up in a ball. I have a feeling he'll be opinionated, but will usually keep his thoughts to himself unless he really feels compelled to share. I can't wait to see what he looks like, and to hold him in my arms! For now though, I'm cherishing the time alone with Zoey, as well as how easy it is (relatively speaking) to carry Calvin around. I love my family. We are all so blessed.
Once upon a time...
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment