I just realized it's been a long time since I've posted here. I just read the blog of a friend of mine (who just had her second baby) and I realized I should be updating more about my family and pregnancy too!
Our family is doing really well. Gavin's new job (as I consider it) has been good so far. We've been able to start saving more money for important things and live a little more comfortably. Gavin's title is now "Systems Administrator", instead of just regular IT, so he's moving on up the ladder! As he gains more certifications and credentials, this is becoming more and more of a career and less of a job. It's been neat to see that transition. Gavin is a very hard worker.
As for me, I've been working with the Young Women in our ward as a Mia Maid adviser. I teach class once a month and attend the activities as much as possible. They are great girls. I am frequently impressed by them and think there's no way I was that mature at their age. I love working with them.
This week I'm 29 weeks along. My pregnancy has been going very well so far. In fact, it's been going really fast! It seems like I don't have a lot of time to dwell on how much longer I have left, (nor prepare much, for that matter), but I'm glad! Zoey keeps me very busy and distracted. Some nights I even forget I'm pregnant, while I'm dreaming, and then I have to get out of bed to use the bathroom and the absurd movements I have to make just to get up quickly remind me of my current state. I am becoming more uncomfortable, but it usually doesn't bother me much. I'm grateful to be able to have this experience, and am trying to enjoy it all while it lasts. My skin has cleared up completely and my hair is nice and thick. (I'm actually getting ready to chop it off and donate it again.) I've been exercising more with this pregnancy and that helps me a lot. I walk almost every day and I do a little prenatal yoga on the side. It's very nice. Calvin (our baby) is head-down now, and it's been fun watching his movements and feeling his hiccups. I love him! Oh, and speaking of Calvin, it's been funny to see people's reactions as we tell them the name we've chosen. Most people either love it or hate it, and almost everyone we tell rattles off all the Calvins they've ever heard of. No, we're not naming him after Calvin and Hobbes (though we are fans), and no, I don't really care about all the other Calvins you can come up with. We simply like the name! It's classy, uncommon and will work for both a baby and an adult.
Because I have Rh negative blood, I have to get an antibody screening and a RhoGam shot each pregnancy, to prevent my body from attacking the blood of my baby, if it has Rh positive blood. This takes place around the same time as the glucose test. I'm happy to say that both went well. The antibody screening showed that I haven't made antibody against the baby (either from Zoey, who is Rh positive, or from cross-over bleeding of any kind). I also received a good score on my glucose test and won't have to do the tolerance test! YAY! (I had to do it last time, because I was on the border, but I didn't have gestational diabetes in the end.) So glad not to have to drink that nasty stuff again any time soon!
Zoey is my little sunshine. Man, if I could even do her justice, I would. She is insanely cute and very intelligent. Her speech has really progressed lately, and now most people can understand what she says, if they listen. It's hilarious to hear her imitate me or Gavin. She loves to sing, and knows a few songs by heart. She sings, "Twinkle, Twinkle", "Happy Birthday" the Alphabet song and "Give, Said the Little Stream". She's also working on "Eensy Weensy Spider". She loves to hear stories and asks me to recite The Three Little Pigs every day. She's learning it, and it's so funny to hear her version of it. She likes drawing and has begun trying to draw actual things, and then telling me about it. "Mommy, this one a cat!" and then she meows and moves the paper all over the room like it's pouncing or something. She has her little catch phrases, like "Yeah, I know" and "Actually..." and things like that. She often praises herself for doing a good job, or scolds herself after a time-out. Her favorite movie is "Tangled", and she sometimes calls herself Rapunzle Zoey (although it sounds more like "Puzzle Zoey"). She is learning ballet, and can demonstrate first, second and both fifth positions with her arms. She's also learned to summersault. I know she's not perfect. She can be a big boss face, and sometimes squeals loudly when she gets frustrated, but she has been really responsive to us. We've been very consistent with her regarding her behavior, and as a result, she only needs one reminder to share, stop whining, yelling or acting out. She's a quick learner.
I've been told that our second child most likely won't be this smart, but it's not because he's unintelligent, it's just that Zoey is so smart! Boys usually have different strengths than girls. I'm excited to see what they will be.
This spring has been a fun time to get to know our house better. We had the boy scouts in the ward come over, as part of their annual fundraiser, and put in a little flower bed. I'm so excited to plant flowers and take care of them! We love our home.
Life is good. We are doing well. Hoping you are too!
Once upon a time...
Thursday, May 02, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment