First things first: now that I have an inkling about how many people are
actually reading this I can better tailor my comments to my audience! Our
pregnancy is now public, so feel free to talk about it as much as you want.
:)
Okay, time to brag about the big sister-to-be! Zoey is insanely smart.
I know, all parents think their kids are advanced. Seriously, all of them. But
Zoey blows her milestones out of the water. We're very proud of her. Here's some
examples of her recent accomplishments:
-She can recite the entire
alphabet
-She can count to twelve, although she sometimes forgets 8.
-She
can do all the actions to several primary songs
-She can speak in three word
sentences
-Her vocabulary is up to about 200 words, including only words that
she can understand and use properly. She can repeat just about anything you
say.
-She can color specific images on a page, though not within the lines,
of course.
-As soon as we are ready for the clean-up, she is ready to potty
train.
Okay, I know, my head sounds huge, but let me just tell you, she's
a genius all on her own! We work with her and teach her, but she is a sponge and
has a huge drive to learn. She's got her daddy's problem-solving brains and her
mommy's creative brains. It's a neat combination to see.
The only
downside is that because she is so advanced I sometimes lose patience with other
kids when they don't learn as quickly as she does. But I'm learning to just
pretend in my mind that shes' actually older than the other kids her age, even
though many of them tower over her. I'm such a snob, I know.
Gavin and I
are doing well and loving our home. We had a simple, family-oriented Christmas
that both strengthened our testimonies of the Savior and of the Plan of
Happiness, and gave us a great break from everyday worries and worldly
cares.
Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season.
Once upon a time...
Saturday, December 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment