Lots of news, but no pictures today.
Well, first things first: We bought a house! Things didn't happen at all the way we had expected, but they happened, and they happened fast! We asked to see the house on a Thursday. We loved it and put in an offer the next day. We then went on vacation and forgot all about it for a couple blissful days. On Monday we found out that our offer was accepted and by Tuesday we were under contract! By that weekend we had already inspected the house, put in our notice with our landlord and started gathering boxes. After another month, we were out. Bam! Now we're in our huge and empty place and ready to fill it up!
Looking around it's very evident that we've lived simply. We don't own anything new. Our furniture is all either second-hand or hand-me-down. Nothing matches all that well. But we do have is financial stability and properly ordered priorities, thank you very much.
And with a new house comes... a new baby! Baby Reed #2 is due to join us on July 4th. So far I'm feeling pretty awful most of the time and my bump is about as big as it was when I was twice this far along last time. Yay. But on a better note, I've started doing prenatal yoga and I love it! Okay, so I have to try and squeeze it into Zoey's nap time after today, but I'm thrilled to try something new that's not too overwhelming. (Yeah, you try doing downward facing dog with an 18-month-old putting a pipe cleaner in your ear!)
So, is it a boy? A girl? Twins? A puppy? We won't find out until around V-day, but until then I'm open to others' intuition since apparently I don't have it.
Gavin's job has become a bit rocky lately, and just in time for Christmas! We're looking around, so if you hear of any IT positions, send them on over this way. Anyway, there was a massive lay-off, and although we were very fortunate and blessed to be preserved this time around, things are looking not-so-great. We're crossing our fingers and hoping for the best.
Once upon a time...
Tuesday, December 04, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment