Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Little About Zoey


Alright, so I realize I haven't written about my baby on here for awhile, so here goes!

I spend all day every day with the cutest baby in the whole world. I know you think you're baby is cuter. That's allowed. :) Anyway, Zoey is now three months old (Three months!! Where has the time gone?) and she is growing so fast!

If you didn't already know , Zoey has a shock of very red hair that reminds me of (I know I'm a nerd) Lily Potter because it's not that bright orange color, but that beautiful dark copper red color and I love it! Everyone asks us where she got that from, since Gavin and I, for all intents and purposes, both have black hair. I'm always tempted to tell them, "Oh, she got it from her biological parents." to which the person would say, "Oh! Is she adopted?" and to which I would reply, "No".

Zoey has dark blue eyes, and at this point, I'm pretty convinced they will stay that color. They're about the color of denim and they light up when she hears her daddy's voice. She is shockingly average height and weight for her age (shocking considering the size of her parents), and her head just keeps on getting bigger and bigger. At her next appointment with the pediatrician, I wouldn't be surprised if they say that she has a large head for her age. I think it's adorable when babies and toddlers have an abnormally large head; don't ask me why.

Zoey can babble, sing, grasp things, recognize people, and almost sit up! But her very coolest skill: she sleeps through the night. Lately she's been doing 8 1/2 hour stretches at a time, followed by another 4 hours. It's awesome!! Oh, and in case that doesn't make you jealous enough, she has been doing it since she was 6 weeks old. :D She eats like a champ and loves to chew on her daddy's nose. I know you think it's gross, but it's not. It's hilarious.

We're working on tummy time because she doesn't like it and has a hard time keeping up that abnormally large head of hers. I look forward to when she can sit up in a high chair or her stroller, but we are enjoying every minute of her current stage too.

Well, there you have it!

0 comments: