I'll be the first to point out that I'm no fashionista. That said, there are some things that even I know about clothing dos and don'ts, and some of those things are neglected by the trendiest of dressers. The issue today: slips, or rather, the lack thereof.
So what is the purpose of a slip? As far as I know, there are two: One, to prevent a skirt from clinging to the butt and legs (not a flattering thing), and two, to keep your thighs and nethermost parts from being viewed by the general public through your skirt.
Here's the problem. So many of us women look in the mirror at home and when we don't see anything wrong, we go on our merry way, forgetting about things like sunshine and static electricity. The thing is, you won't even know your skirt is 80% see-through if you only see it in the mirror of your poorly lit bedroom, or similarly lit department store. And the fact is, most of us sit at some point or another, and usually on some kind of upholstery, and thereby attract a bit of static cling to many materials.
The sad part is that many women don't even understand the need for a slip, and are unlikely to own more than one fluke, which is crumpled and shoved to the very back of the underwear drawer. If this is you, you might consider pulling it out, and layering it under your lighter or flouncier skirts.
Yesterday on the way home from church the sun shone beautifully down on the neighborhood. It was a very picturesque view, until I realized that it was also lighting up every inch of the thighs of a woman walking in front of us. I had to tell my husband to redirect his eyes until she and her underwear were out of sight. Yikes. I'm sure if she had any idea just how exposed she was she would have been very embarrassed.
So get a spouse or friend to check for you after you are outside (unless you have really good lighting in your home) and keep those skirts where they're supposed to be, covering what they're supposed to cover. Other women's husbands don't need to see your thighs. Thanks. :)
Once upon a time...
Monday, September 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment