Well, I'm just about 24 weeks along now, and according to babycenter.com, my uterus is about the size of a soccer ball. That amazes me. I figured it would get to be about that big eventually, but sheesh-- already?? I guess that explains a lot though. :)
Today I have a quick rant about pregnancy and weight gain. Here it is: If you are pregnant, your body knows what it needs. It will put on the amount of weight needed to grow a healthy baby. If you're too vain to accept this, and insist on doing what you can to prevent the appropriate weight gain, you are not prepared to be a parent. Obviously it's important to be smart about it, and not go to either extreme on the scale of pregnancy weight. Women who either gain too much or not enough weight put their baby at great rist. Just be smart, forget about yourself and your vanity, and prepare to work it off when the right time comes. Don't be selfish.
I can talk, because according to all the weight gain charts, I'm right on target! XP


0 comments:
Post a Comment