Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's a Girl!

So, Gavin and I went in for our ultrasound yesterday. My mom came with us and it was all very exciting. The tech triple-checked that we do want to know the gender of the baby, and then went almost right to it! She pointed out the very clearly defined *ahem* girl parts and, surprise! It's not a boy. I have to admit that I feel really stupid for thinking it was a boy all along. I don't understand why everyone else could predict it, but not me. Actually, I'm a little miffed about all the "I-told-you-so"s. Put yourself in my shoes, people! Anyway, I guess I don't count when they say that most women know the gender of their baby. Oh well. It's a girl, and I'm excited. Assuming certain people don't insist on reminding me that my prediction was wrong, we'll all just forget it eventually.

But now the hard part: naming her. I am a strong believer that names are important, and that puts a lot of pressure on us! I've come up with a top three, but there are probelms with each one. Our top pick, for instance, Zoey, is also a favorite with my sister in-law, who is conveniently due two weeks after me, and has the same last name. We both agreed that niether of us care if they have the same name (she'll just spell hers differently), but I'm still going to wait and see what they're having before I start calling my bump Zoey. (Please be a boy, please be a boy!)

We've got our crib and I spent two weeks scrubbing it down. It's nice and sturdy, and despite the fact that it has a drop-side, it was never actually recalled, so that's a relief. My belly is getting bigger and bigger all the time, and I can feel my wiggley baby doing the hokey pokey almost daily now. From what I could tell on the ultrasound, she's stinkin' adorable! Well, duh-- look at her parents! ;)

0 comments: