Saturday, September 04, 2010

I hate coming up with titles for these things!

I've been as bad as the next person at keeping up the blog, so it's high time I repent and try to get back onto a more consistent schedule. So consider this a repentance as well as an update!

Gavin and I are back in school, and things are crazier than ever. Gavin works 40 hours a week and is taking 3 classes. I'm volunteering in the ER and taking one 4-credit-hour class that should be more like 12... or a kajillion! Okay, not really, but it feels like it. I do more homework for my one class than Gavin has for his 3. In the first week of school I already had 6 pages of homework, 2 quizzes, one test, and countless pages of notes. First week! I've done a decent job at holding my own so far, but I could do better. I need an A in this class!

Volunteering has been interesting and enlightening. The hardest part was when we had a police officer bring in an 11-year-old little boy who was making suicide threats. I just wanted to throw my arms around the poor kid and tell him he has infinite worth. It tore me up a little inside. Other than that, it's been exciting to see all the blood, cuts, breaks and bruises, and to hear all the crazy stories. Very cool.

Gavin is still serving as a Sunday school teacher, and I've been called as a ward missionary. The ward's missionary program is sub-par in my mind, but hopefully once I'm more accepted, I can lend a little light on the subject, by bringing in some good old PMG, as well as a leadership meeting by Elder Perry. I'm excited to serve, but this could be much more effective.

Still not pregnant, but I'm educating myself more and more on the subject of conception, and I think I've got a better idea about how to go about things. I'm hoping it will happen soon. I'm also trying to surpress my urge to tell God what to do. :")

And now you're updated. Ta da!

0 comments: