Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Oh Baby

Babies, babies everywhere! So many of my friends and relatives are pregnant it's not even funny! Is it just a seasonal thing, or am I just noticing it more because I'm jealous? Not sure. Ever since I can remember I've loved babies. I worked with babies as a volunteer and a teacher and a nanny for years. They like me, and I can't get enough of them. Still the Lord knows best, and His timing is far more important than my whiney wants. My time will come when it's right, and then I'll be one rockin' mommy! (No pun intended.) Still I have to admit that it's hard when people scrutinize my latest pooch of a belly and don't do a good job at discreetly wondering whether there's a baby in there somewhere. I just sigh to myself and think back at them, "No, it's just dinner..." Maybe after I've lost a little weight people will stop wondering. Then again, it is Utah, and by most local standards I should be at least 4 months along by now! Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome when people feel the right time to have babies after getting married is right away. I am really very happy for all my pregnant friends and relatives, expecially the ones who have had a harder time getting there. It's just hard not to get impatient sometimes. I know, my time will come. When it is right, my time will come.

0 comments: