When I was serving in Chicago, a phrase I heard a lot was "She know how to throw down in the kitchen!" (I'd write it a little more accurately but I'm afraid I'd sound super racist.)
This week, I threw down! It was so much fun.
Our ward had the traditional Chili cook-off and Trunk or Treat. reluctantly, I had signed up to bring some chili to share. (LDS people can be SO competitive!) That week was crazy. Zoey got the flu and Calvin was congested. I was scrambling to finish costumes and lessons and keep the house together. The day of the Trunk or Treat we decided to take everything one thing at a time. When the afternoon came, both kids were miraculously asleep, so I decided to get going on the chili. The recipe I had used in the past was nowhere to be found. So I pulled out one of my favorite cook books and decided to take a chance on a new one. I figured at least we would be contributing.
Surprise, surprise, they loved it! Everyone who tried it loved it! I gave it a couple tweaks and called it "Southern Style White Chicken Chili". It was yummy. Apparently the ward thought so too!
Once upon a time...
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Third place! I've never won any cooking awards before! It made my whole week.
Later this week I decided to try y hand at making granola. I love granola, but it's often really expensive and has stuff in it that either I don't like much or Gavin doesn't. So I found a basic recipe online, once again I tweaked it a little-- and presto! Warm, fresh, homemade granola. Another win! The kids love it! Gavin loves it! And I seriously can't stop eating it. But it's the best kind of addiction.
I love Fall!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment