I'm sorry to you that this blog is being used as a VENT today (as well as on the last post), but nobody's making you read it. :)
In a world where so many social interactions have become virtual, people are becoming more and more afraid of face-to-face communication. The idea of carrying on a conversation intimidates people, and I blame the heavy reliance on technology to communicate. Yeah, I know that's kind of what I'm doing right now, but believe me, I could definitely convey this stuff in person if I wanted to. But I don't.
Anyway, that being said, I propose that this fear of direct contact plays a big role in the lack of problem solving between people. To get straight to the point, people need to get up some guts and tell people if they've offended them, or else get over it. I understand that it is in some people's personality type to bottle up feelings until they can no longer contain them and then explode. I don't really think that's healthy. When someone offends you, you really have two options: Confront them about it (constructively) to try and solve the problem, or forget about it completely. No good comes from holding grudges. Not even satisfaction for the person holding it; quite the opposite, in fact.
I think you will find that if approached in a sensitive and reasonable way, most people will be apologetic and do what they can to work with you and correct the issue. Of course, not everyone is so forgiving, but bite the bullet and go ahead and try it out. I dare you.
Now on to the EVENT. Saturday was my birthday and it was awesome! Friday my best friend took me out to lunch and to get a pedicure. It was so relaxing. That evening Gavin and I went up to Logan to visit some friends. He took me to a restaurant that is significant to us (so thoughtful!) and even made sure we got to sit in our booth. He let me go shopping and spend money on new clothes I don't really need, and we went yard "sailing". Saturday night we went out for sushi with my family, and ate our traditional birthday pie--razzleberry, thank you very much! Sunday we had a small party with his family and I got a cute new purse, a couple watches, a tote bag and a cook book. The awkwardness was relatively minimal. (Hahahaha!) The best present of all though, was Gavin's all-over thoughtfulness and sweetness the entire time. He is the best birthday present I've ever had. XD
Once upon a time...
Monday, August 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment