Silly pun-title.
This morning I took Zoey to her 4 month checkup (which went well, thank you very much). She had a couple immunizations, and although she did really well, I was looking forward to going home and snuggling with her and just taking it easy until class.
I walk in the door and hear a pitter-patter sound... like rain... in my apartment.
0.o
There's a waterfall in my hallway!!
Well, this is gonna be fun. As I abandon my crying child in her car seat, I run for a bucket and the biggest pan we own. I throw down every towel we have and then start trying to get stuff out of the way. By this time, Zoey is hysterical, so I'm trying to hold her with one arm and move furniture with the other. Huh-huh... yeah.
Apparently the upstairs neighbors have an ancient toilet. Yes, I said toilet. Well, said toilet clogged and wouldn't stop gushing. It took the husband coming home from work and taking a wrench to the water valve to get it to stop. I didn't get home until about an hour after that.
Several hours later, I am able to account for most of our possessions, and nothing is severely damaged (tender mercy if I ever saw one). The poor lady upstairs is in tears because she thinks we will hate her forever now-- and I don't-- and is worried sick that her (ahem) excrement has been poured all over our home--our new home.
Well, that's one way to make new friends. When I prayed to ask for help getting to know people in the neighborhood better, that is not what I had in mind. Very funny!
So, it looks like we're getting new carpet, new drywall and new paint. And Zoey will be sleeping in what's left of our room for a few days. I'm either exhausted beyond caring or I've gotten relatively over it pretty quick, because it's almost funny.
Almost.

0 comments:
Post a Comment