Sunday, December 12, 2010

Rhesus

Apparently I have Rh negative blood. Ten years ago this would be cause for a lot of worry. Fortunately, nowadays it's not as big of a deal, and the advancement of science allows me to carry my baby (and the next one) without making antibodies against it. Whew.

Because I had a little spotting, I had to go in early to receive my Rhogam shot. I was a little worried about it, because I had this idea in my mind that they were going to take this huge needle and inject it right in my uterus or something. It actually turned out to be a cool experience. Well, not the injection itself, but the trip to the hospital. We went to our delivery hospital and they seated us in an actual delivery room. It was really big. I was pointing out the different instruments and things to Gavin and explaining what happens when someone gives birth, the process and his part and all that. Poor guy, I think I just overwhelmed him. But still, it was really neat to get a glimpse of what it will be like (ovewhelming and all). We later found out that this was actually their smallest delivery room (!) and the other rooms are even better. I was impressed. I'm hoping their mother baby unit is as nice, if not nicer, and their nursery is up to par. Hopefully we'll be able to take a tour of the Women's center in the near future. They have a class for birthing and all that, but it's stinkin' expensive. I don't know though-- it might be worth it just to give Gavin some peace of mind. We'll see.

Oh, and the shot was intramuscular and tiny. No big deal. :)

My pants are starting to be too tight around the waist! All of them! I go around all day with my fly open and a hair tie keeping them semi-closed. I should go maternity clothes shopping, but I want to wait until the after-Christmas sales. *Sigh.

0 comments: