Well, here it goes: I'M PREGNANT!
This post will probably not be put up for a while, but in order to cope with my excitement and desire to tell every single creature on the planet, I'll just write it now and save it for later. :)
It all started in March, when we decided to begin praying about the right time to start our family.
In July I finished the birth control...
This is the best way I could describe Gavin's feelings about that! (Wonderfully accurate facial expression!)
After several negative test results, we began to get a little discouraged. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to conceive because of scar tissue and such, but Gavin was an unwavering support, and with prayer and a lot of reflection, I came to understand that God's timing truly is the best, and I knew we would be best off with His plan, even if we don't always know what that is.
In early October I thought I was having yet another period, but it was really light and mysteriously disappeared after only a day and a half.
A couple weeks ago I began feeling really tired (even more so than usual) and really pukey. I'm never pukey. Gavin was suspicious. I wasn't sure I was ready to handle another negative. I put it off for a few more days, until Gavin insisted.
I took the test, but made him look at it. He gasped. I thought maybe he read it wrong. I grabbed it and looked too. It was positive!
And now we're pregnant! Well... I'm pregnant. Gavin helped.
10/23/10 (9 months after our wedding day!)

Well, I don't have a realy belly yet, just a Nutella belly. But it's so weird to think there's a little tadpole thingy growing inside me!
We figure we're somewhere close to 6 weeks along (putting the due date somewhere in early June), but we'll find out more accurately pretty soon. My first prenatal appointment is set for Tuesday, and I am SO excited that I found a CNM (certified nurse midwife)! It'll be like job shadowing!... kind of.
In the meantime, I'm exhausted and tired and bursting to tell everyone and everything: I'm going to have a baby!
We're going to be parents! Oooh...
We figure we're somewhere close to 6 weeks along (putting the due date somewhere in early June), but we'll find out more accurately pretty soon. My first prenatal appointment is set for Tuesday, and I am SO excited that I found a CNM (certified nurse midwife)! It'll be like job shadowing!... kind of.
In the meantime, I'm exhausted and tired and bursting to tell everyone and everything: I'm going to have a baby!
We're going to be parents! Oooh...



0 comments:
Post a Comment