Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Love Poppies

I love to draw, and when I do, I am usually pleased with the result. It is good to develop your talents, and it is neither boastful nor inappropriate to share them with others. I believe that God intends for us to share. He gives us very little that He intends for us to keep to ourselves. However, I do have one drawback: I can only produce works of art when I am inspired. Otherwise my work is no good. Lately, I have a new inspiration:





Poppies.












It began with a beautiful bedspread Gavin's aunts gave us for a wedding present. It has beautiful, deep red poppies sprinkled across it, that brighten up the whole room. Poppies are a symbol of peaceful elegance. They aren't snobby as some flowers are. They grow spontaneously, for the whole world to see. They don't hide from anyone. Today I will draw poppies.

0 comments: